Sunday, May 12, 2013

Today is the Day!

wow! Today is actually may 12th.
In 10 hours I will get on a plane and start my 24 hour trip to Tanzania.
I leave Jacksonville for NYC, NYC to Istanbul, Istanbul to Dar es Salaam. I will arrive in Dar at 2:45am local time. which, by the way, is 7 hours ahead of Jacksonville time. I will then be transported via the Projects Abroad staff to my host family home.
I have to think this way, in facts.
The plane ride to NYC is 2.5 hours, to Istanbul it is 10.5 hours, and to Dar it is 8.5 hours.
All I know about my family is this: "Agata works at Ministry of Helth. Lives with her husband Basil who is a business man. Their Daughters Careen and Carolyn."
All I know about their home is this: "The house is near the Projects abroad offica and Mlimani city,shopping and cinema centre of Dar Es Salaam.It is about 30 minutes to our office."

There is still so much unknown.
I am ready to start this journey. I am ready to learn a language I have never heard. I am ready to learn how to aid the people through medicine. I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment